Executor to Living Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

familymatters

Older brother is executor to our Fathers Living Trust. In 2008 our Father passed away. Two months after my Mother died. My Brother moved into the Estate house. My Brother sent me a financial report in August but no one could figure it out. I have certain concerns to the expenditures he has taken out of the Trust fund after the financial report and want to obtain copies of the Living Trust Bank Statment.

Can I get copies of the Bank Statements? He would, of course, refuse me this access to the account if I asked him. It's as if I don't exist and he will handle the estate as he sees fit.

Thanks for you time and trouble concerning this matter
At this time I am not financially able to hire a Estate Lawyer.

Last edited:
You can't get copies of the bank statements without his consent or a court order.

Your brother has the same responsibilities as the executor of a will: he needs to distribute the assets to the beneficiaries in accordance with the terms of the trust. He's allowed to be reimbursed for expenses he incurs in administering the trust, so not all expenditures are disallowed. But if you suspect he's dissipating the assets or otherwise not performing his duties, you really should see an estates lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back