Ex-wife trying to take boys out of state

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadenray

My ex-wife is trying to take our 9 and 5 year old boys to Virginia. I have an attorney and am fighting the relocation. I do not miss child support payments. She has primary physical custody, but we were given visitation guide lines. I did document my visitation with the boys. For a long period of time I had them Tuesday and Wednesday over night and every other weekend. Then I took a new job and had them every weekend for about 2 months. Since she is trying to move, I now only get them every other weekend. She will not let my parents see boys unless they are with me. My parents always took the boys out to eat on Tuesday's for two years. She would ask my mom to watch them if they were sick or the day care lady couldn't. Basically when it was convenient for her. She says my parents and I are verbally abusive toward her. My 9 year old is the only one that says negative things about his mother which I do not tolerate. I defend her to him always...even though all he is doing is telling the truth. She put a PFA on me, which is errouneous. I agreed to it however, because my attorney said it would not hamper me as far as custody goes, only make us not speak. We can't speak! She lies constantly and I do her favors with the kids, but when I ask they are not returned. She left all last week to go to Florida and left boys with her parents. I am supposed to be offered first right of refusal. By the way my mom is my line of communication with my ex currently and she has hung up on her twice. I know there is two sides to every story but I am just asking what my chances are of keeping my boys close. The proposed visitation after they move is simply rediculous. I would almost never see them. All of there support system is here...both sets of grandparents, their father, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. Thoughts?

New York isn't that far away. But, I don't think she'll be permitted to take your sons out of PA on a permanent move.

I suggest you work with the attorney you have retained. It is best NOT to discuss this case with anyone but your attorney. I know you want to, but keeping mum is in your best interests. Good luck.

That is terrible, and a terrible situation...is she trying to move for job reasons, or is she just being vindictive? I don't know how the law goes, but I can't see that the law can stop a move, especially if its in the best interests of the kids. I do, however, think that there would have to be some kind of agreement on visitations prior to the move. Kudos to you for caring! Not many men do.

That is terrible, and a terrible situation...is she trying to move for job reasons, or is she just being vindictive? I don't know how the law goes, but I can't see that the law can stop a move, especially if its in the best interests of the kids. I do, however, think that there would have to be some kind of agreement on visitations prior to the move. Kudos to you for caring! Not many men do.

On the contrary - the law can very easily prevent the KIDS from being relocated out of State.

And really - not many men care about their kids? Come on now.

Pro, I take that to mean the kinds of men that get written about on this forum.

Many men and women do care about their kids.

A good many of the men that are the subjects in some of these posts do not care about their kids, the mothers of their kids, and many times themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back