Ex-wife is filing Pro Se motions written by a disbarred attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaibotFLorida

I'll make this as short as possible.

18 months ago my company terminated a business partnership with a venture group we found out was fraudulent. The managing director was a wanted fugitive from the US Marshall's and a disbarred attorney who was hiding in Canada.

The US Marshall's eventually arrested him but for some reason I'm not aware of he was released to produce certain documents pertaining to missing funds. He of course fled and has not been seen since, the US Marshall's have another warrant for him presently.

This man believes that I am personally responsible for his situation and has made it a personal mission to get even with me by any means available, including my family.

As usual, my relationship with my ex-wife is not great, we have one child together. She has now teamed up with this fugitive in an attempt to get me legally through the courts in various manners including jail, losing my child, etc.

In addition, while she he a state attorney for child support issues she is filing all her own responses as written by this fugitive disbarred attorney and signed by her Pro Se. This person worked with my company for 2 years and we have numerous documents to prove he is the author of all her motions not filed by her state attorney. However, she just yesterday filed a response on a child support modification that was written by the fugitive and filed Pro Se without notifying her state attorney she was responding.

At this point I'm being hunted by this fugitive who has in addition to the above gotten my family evicted from our home, had my vehicle impounded and eventually lost, called employers and gotten me terminated, etc. etc. etc. He is a very bad man.

My question is, what type of legal remedy do I have here? Is there anything I can do to stop this man's interference through some sort of consequence to the ex-wife from the courts, etc.

Thank you very much.

Please describe how you were evicted, had the vehicle impounded, fired, because of this man.

If you have knowledge of someone committing crimes, I suggest you bring the matter to the attention of the apprpriate law enforcement agency.

Otherwise, it seems the fugitive is about 6 or 7 to 0.

You might wish to go into hiding too, if this dude is that powerful.

I also suggest you stop criticizing and accusing your former wife of any complicity in these alleged matters, and of any criminal intent absent any proof to substantiate your scurrilous allegations.

There are certain protections in the courtroom from making what could otherwise be considered slanderous or defamatory statements.

Doing so in most other settings can cause one to be sued for slander or libel.

You might want to be very careful what you're accusing your former wife of doing.

Last edited:
So you want the fugitive who cannot be captured to be somehow charged with practicing law without a license because you had many "secrets" he is revealing about your finances? Really???

So you want the fugitive who cannot be captured to be somehow charged with practicing law without a license because you had many "secrets" he is revealing about your finances? Really???

This reply sums it all! Karma is a bitkh :(. Just pay your CS and be done with it.

Please describe how you were evicted, had the vehicle impounded, fired, because of this man.

Evicted - This man acted as our legal counsel and negotiated most of our leases on property, etc. Including my family home, when we terminated him he went to the landlord, who we had never spoken to and within a month there was an eviction going and my family was on the street. We were evicted from our home current on the rent. When I went to court and I couldn't speak at the eviction because the home was in the company name and I wasn't an attorney. I lost on that technicality. At the time I didn't know this man was involved, It never occurred to me that we were dealing with this type of person.

I was terminated 3 weeks ago, exactly 5 days after notifying the state where I was working. I was told that a man made harassing calls to the owner with regards to me. This is the 4 th time I have lost employment with in a week of notifying the state of my new position.

@fotb you have no idea what I'm dealing with, if it were that easy I wouldn't be on here fighting for my life being judged by you for what you do not understand. Have some compassion for my three little girls who are being hunted along with me by this man.

To think its as simple and easy as simply paying child support.. I pray to GOD it were only that easy.

Last edited:
@ArmyJudge - If i have proof she did not draft any of her motions or responses and that they were in fact drafted by someone else. A person who is not only a fugitive from the US Marshall's right now, he is a disbarred attorney.

What am I accusing her of that is not valid? If she cannot testify in court that she authored a document that she signed Pro Se then she is in the wrong and her admittance is evidence of wrong doing. If she lies in court and said she wrote it, then i have supporting documentation for that as well.

I'm just trying to protect my family. My three daughters are very important to me. Some of the comments on this board have been fairly rude for the most part and not helpful. So I want to thank you for your input, it is appreciated.

@ArmyJudge - If i have proof she did not draft any of her motions or responses and that they were in fact drafted by someone else. A person who is not only a fugitive from the US Marshall's right now, he is a disbarred attorney.

What am I accusing her of that is not valid? If she cannot testify in court that she authored a document that she signed Pro Se then she is in the wrong and her admittance is evidence of wrong doing. If she lies in court and said she wrote it, then i have supporting documentation for that as well.

I'm just trying to protect my family. My three daughters are very important to me. Some of the comments on this board have been fairly rude for the most part and not helpful. So I want to thank you for your input, it is appreciated.

Proof is a relative term, Mr. Sail.

That said, the actual motion is not dispositive of its author.

I've written many motions in my lifetime, but I've typed very few.

Its the intellectual property, the legal argument that is contained within the motion.

Even if Mrs. Sail didn't type the document/motion, and merely discussed the entire matter with the purportedly disbarred attorney, that is no crime.

He can be on the lam, disbarred, and still discuss what he knows about the law with friends, family, and/or strangers.

We discuss what we know about the law here, Mr. Sail.

Some of us are licensed attorneys, some are not.

We all have knowledge of certain aspects of the law.

We all have life experiences and experiences with the law.

Some of us possess earned legal degrees.

Some of us are even certified to practice the law in one or more states in the US.

None of us, insofar as I know, are certified to practice law in all 50 states.

So, as we discuss legal issues posed by visitors to our site, we are breaking no laws.

In most cases, two important elements of practicing law without a license are: holding oneself out to be a lawyer and charging others for legal advice.

Now there is more to it, but that's in its simplest form, and in fact even misrepresentation of a law license absent charging a fee, isn't considered practicing law without in Texas.

So, the disbarred miscreant that has been hounding you, Mr. Sail, even if he advised (or is advising) Mrs. Sail is probably not doing as you allege.

In essence, it doesn't matter.

But, even if he has, you can't prove it, unless Mrs. Sail and the absconder were dumb enough to admit it.

I empathize with your plight.

I admonish you as I was admonished years ago, "Counselor, plead your case, don't worry about what others do."

Finally, she won't testify to suit you.

It isn't uncommon for people to lie under oath.

Why? Because its only a lie if you can prove it to be a lie.

Proving a negative, nearly impossible.

Then we have that troublesome fifth amendment protection that we all enjoy, no one need incriminate themselves, and silence isn't lying.

I suggest you, me, and others refrain from accusing others of crimes, unless we can prove it.

Why? Accusing others of crimes is an actionable tort, slander, libel, or defamation of character (depending on how its done).

So, don't accuse others of crimes.

If you suspect crimes are being committed, report the matter to the local or federal law enforcement authorities.

Otherwise, its not a crime because I call it a crime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back