Ex wants support after not paying

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisana

my husband has a 16 year old who has always lived with his mom in Florida. My stepson has had problems with schools practically his entire school life. Throughout the years the mom has called and complained about his grades and his lack of respect for her. His 9th grade year ended in failure, his flunked all of his classes. So the decision was made for him to live with my husband and I in Missouri. His grades turned completely around during his 10th grade year with us. However, his way of life was totally different. he didn't like the fact that he could not have the freedom and control that he had in Florida. We all got along great and really care for one another but he stated that he wanted to go back to Florida. His mom told his dad that she thought he should come home and his Dad was against it. Finally, mom decided that she agreed with dad and son would stay with us. He went to stay with his mom over the summer and was to come back on August 9th. Dad calls son on August 7th and finds out son is staying in Florida. Anyway, mom did not pay any support during year he was with us. Now, that he is back there, she is threatening legal action if we don't resume child support. Also, son's school started yesterday but he has missed that and today and probably tomorrow because mom does not have all required paperwork. So I would just like advice on what you would do in this situation, what you think we should do, etc. any feedback greatly appreciated. Also, they divorced and set up custody in Missouri and I don't think they legally changed anything when she decided to move to Florida years ago.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back