Ex wants quick divorce and says I forfeit property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoopwhoop

Its a complaint for divorce I received a summons under complaint they checked box: There is no other pending or resolved action within the jurisdiction of the family division of circuit court involving family or family members of the parties.

Under General Civil cases following box was checked:
There is no other pending or resolved civil action arising out of the same tranaction or occurence as alleged in the complaint

There is property to be divided and she wants to change her lastname
There's bills that weren't paid also

1. Now what was left in our home does everything have to be sold? I was told to leave my after I picked up my clothes do I forfeit everything else? She collects SSI was told what she bought with that money was hers. She just wants a quick divorce. Should I get an attorney to get things divided?? I know I get half for the house. Should I send that paper back?

No, you may get half of the equity in the house gained during the marriage. If it's upside down, you're not going to get a dime.

This is a time to be sensible. Obviously, the court won't force the sale of everything in the house. Since you're unsure, have a chat with a local attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back