Ex lied on financial affidavit

Status
Not open for further replies.

judyjem

My ex cheated on me for many years before our divorce. I left the home we owned together due to violence and he ended up with everything, including my now ten-year old. She did not want to change schools when I moved out of town and I agreed to give my ex residential custody. We have joint custody and equal visitation time.
My ex lied on his financial affidavits. He makes $130,000/yr. and I make $25,000/yr. yet I am forced to pay him $450/mo. in child support. I cannot make it living in CT on my own with my low income. He is living an affluent lifestyle, buying himself huge gifts, traveling, and redoing the entire house. Is there anything I can do?

You still probably have to pay child support since it is based on your income. You had a chance to appeal it didn't you? Have you actually pulled up the state child support guildelines? Are you able to prove his income or is he slef employed? Each states child support guidelines are a little different, some go only by the NCP income, some do the shared income formula. So you really have to google the state guielines or a child support calculator to see what they say.

Yes, he is self-employed. I will google CT's child support guidelines. Is there is a time frame that I must appeal by?

If he is self employed, its going to be VERY hard to prove his income. I doubt he claims that income on his tax returns. You can ask for his tax returns and bank statements. An appeal normally needs to be done within 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back