Ex husband's new fiance

S

Stoneburner

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I sincerely hope someone here can give me some insight into what my options are:

My ex husband and I have a shared custody arrangement (60/40 split, I have our son 4 days a week and he has him 3) with our son who is 8 years old. We've had this arrangement since October of 2012 when our divorce was finalized (a no fault divorce ended very amicably). Although we still argued from time to time we have always been able to come to an agreement about everything, until last year. Around September/October of 2016 he began seeing someone for I believe the first time. I had gotten engaged the year before and after he had attempted to ask me back into his life instead decided to move on with his to which I was completely grateful for. Eventually those feelings have changed...the woman he entered into a relationship with is a convicted felon. She had multiple arrests for drugs, a DUI that she lost her driver's license for, and attempted to call in prescriptions for herself. I did not know about these charges at first, she did admit to being a former addict but failed to include the fact that she actually had pending charges against her for drug related offenses and was also currently attending narcotics anonymous (that is the court had ordered her to, to prevent actual jail time). There were 23 charges in all. So when I brought up my concerns to my ex about this persons past he denied it all, claimed I was mistaken. I have the actual background check to prove it from a friend that is an attorney in another county. He did break it off a few weeks later and told me it was bc of the proof I had shown him of her past...a month later I found out it wasn't that at all, but she had in fact overdosed on sleeping pills at my ex's home. Luckily my son wasn't there that particular evening. Four months later they start sneaking around again. Now they have moved in together and I'm terrified of my child's safety...I can't even say I'm comfortable with my ex husband's decisions bc of his behavior through all of this. I do not feel comfortable leaving my son alone with this woman and I don't know what I can do.
Please help me,
One seriously concerned momma

If you dislike the current court order you go back to court and seek to change it.

Until the judge orders changes you obey the order.

Back