etablish paternity when my son is born in europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpmom

My son is born in sweden and his father lives here in ca. we were never married and n ever lived togheter ,. Me an d my son moved back here in april.My son is a finnish citizen since I am . I visit his father at his company in april with my son when he was 2 years old and asked him to sign as a father for him but he refused , cause he said he was afraid that would ruin his business.He even tried to have a herassement suit on me for looking him up, of course that never got thru court.
. What are my rights and my sons ? Can we get him to take a dna test ? I have sent in papers for childsupport and establishing paternity but havent heard anything.. Can he get away from his responisibilitys since our son is born in sweden and I am a Eu citizen? What can I do ? Does anybody know how this works ? Thanks , mpmom

since you all live here, American courts would have jurisdiction, so you have to find out what your state's procedures are for paternity tests and establishing paternity and child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back