Estimation of Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliann

Dear Lawyer Peoplez,
My name is Julian Newland. I am fifteen years old. In the summer of 2013, I was arrested for consumption of marijuana and criminal trespass. Then, in December of 2013, I was turned in for posession of drug paraphernalia. The initial charge had me set for 120 hours of community service, then the next had me set for 60. I completed those hours. And in September of 2014 I was arrested once more for charges of vandalism. I was sentenced 40 hours. And then I was summoned to peer court for truancy and my punishment in November of 2014. I was only issued 10 hours of community service for this. A couple days before this peer court I had a pipe with some marijuana confiscated and turned into the police office, where hey filed a report. It is January now, and I have a court date set for the 27th. Based on these charges, what am I looking at as far as consequences goes? Will I face any jail time for this?

Sincerely, Julian

Dear Lawyer Peoplez,
My name is Julian Newland. I am fifteen years old. In the summer of 2013, I was arrested for consumption of marijuana and criminal trespass. Then, in December of 2013, I was turned in for posession of drug paraphernalia. The initial charge had me set for 120 hours of community service, then the next had me set for 60. I completed those hours. And in September of 2014 I was arrested once more for charges of vandalism. I was sentenced 40 hours. And then I was summoned to peer court for truancy and my punishment in November of 2014. I was only issued 10 hours of community service for this. A couple days before this peer court I had a pipe with some marijuana confiscated and turned into the police office, where hey filed a report. It is January now, and I have a court date set for the 27th. Based on these charges, what am I looking at as far as consequences goes? Will I face any jail time for this?

Sincerely, Julian

You're a juvenile. Juveniles don't get jail time for minor offenses.

But, you're killing yourself. You're piling stupid act upon stupid act. You're doing it slowly. You appear to have a drug problem. You need an in-patient treatment program for substance abuse. Contrary to popular belief, weed can be addictive and crippling. Throw in alcohol, and you've added an accelerant that'll make the fire hotter.

You need to sit with mom and dad (or your guardians) and ask them to help you get treatment for your drug problem. You know you want a better life, so go get it.

I don't see jail in your future, this time. If you keep it up, jail is coming as sure as the sun sets and rises every day.

I don't see Juvie Home in your future, yet. If you keep pressing your luck, doing stupid stuff, you'll skip juvie and head directly to adult jail. Just stop it already, otherwise you'll get something that will make you say, help!!!!

Get me out, just get me out, I wanna go home!!!!

http://youtu.be/yyF1bZD5RNA

http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.php?play_file=24548_359398

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back