Establishing visitaion in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

carocab

My husband has two children from a previous relationship in which he is listed on each birth certificate. They were never married. While we were dating she became manipulative with the children. When he notified her that we were getting married, she cut him off completely from seeing the children. She told him that she nor the children needed him nor his money. We felt she was being unreasonable and only doing harm to the young children. On several occassions we drove almost an hour away to where she lives to try to see the children and offer money. Their grandmother refused and would put the kids in the house and threaten to call the police.
My husband went to the Attorney General's office to try to put himself on child support and set up some kind of visitation. The mother of his children never showed up to the hearing. My husband was told that he would have to pay a very large sum to pay back the state for the CHIP program and still she would have every right to keep him from seeing his children. They said that since they never married, he technically had no rights to his children. We left feeling very defeated. One night we went to get his vehicle back from her that she was borrowing. She called a male friend to come and rough up my husband to intimidate him. She called the cops and the cops gave us good advice about retreiving our vehicle. None the less, she filed a report and a detective called us and told us to leave her alone and not contact her.
Now after a whole year, she had a friend of hers call my husband yesterday saying that she is really struggling financially and now realizes the kids do need to see their father. We are just so leery. She is extremely evil and manipulative. Once while we were dating and things were more amicable between them, we took his daughter to a pet store. Everything was fine. All of a sudden three police officers come and pull my then boyfriend to the side. She came running in the store hysterically screaming, " my daughter!! Give me my daughter!!!" The little two year old was very frightened. The cop told my now husband that he did not have to give her the girl. He did though to spare the child any more fright.
So needless to say...we would rather approach this the right way. If it is true that she has had a change of heart, then we don't want to miss out!
Where should we start. How is it that my husband cannot legally see his own children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back