Equtiabke Distribution Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lueeze

I live in Pa and have a very difficult situation. I was married for 15 years. I am not yet divorced, but filed 3 years ago. My husband had a business started the year of our marriage. He liquidated it soon after our seperation three years ago. I own a home, bought from my mom, a home which I have lived in since childhood, and lived in previous to our marriage. It is deeded in my name and my son as joint tenants in common with right to survivorship. He will not sign the papers for divorce, and wants half the value of my home. I need to know what to do about his business, which was valuable. He has hidden all assets and money from the things he sold. I am out of money and tierd. I want to fiinsih my own divorce and would like to know what form I would need. And if anyone can help me in the house situation, I would welcome the advice. Thanks...

You definitely should let an attorney handle that. It is very important that the discovery process is diligently conducted, all the assets of both partners need to be assessed and listed, that is what an attorney is there for, especially when it comes to a business and the many ways one could hide assets. You might need subpoenas etc.

Re: equitable distribution Pa

I know this is sure sticky. And I dread it. I can't seem to find an attorney that is willing to do the necessary things. i know I am not at all informed enough, but in my way of thinking, it makes common sense that a 15 year old business just didn't go away with nothing to show for it. He had taken me to support court three times as he is trying to appear indegent. The judge asked the question in court "How do we know that he deosn't have this money stashed in an account somewhere earning some interest?" Hmmm...my sentiments exactly. Another thought, should I go ahead and try to get the divorce finalized first? Or should I wait? I read that would be a bifrucated divorce and that can be bad? I really think the worst thing is all the frustration. I think that he and his attorney are hoping I will just give in and fed up and give them what they want. For one thing, he left me with every bill incured in our marriage and gave me not a dime toward it. I have been paying them for 3 years. Doesn't this look bad for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back