Equality at employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

devdutt

Dear Friends

I have a question related to my employment. To start with, I work with this company since May 2006 and was promoted to an Associate level last year (July 2008).

I have not received a new contract from my company. When I contacted the HR, they advised me that I would not receive a new contract and that the changes to my employment status are covered in the letter that I was given at the time I was promoted. Fair enough!! However there is no mention of notice period on the letter they have given me.

Other Associates in my office have a three-month notice period, I am told that I have only one month, as it was not changed when I was promoted.

I think their decision to offer me a month's notice period measured against another person, working at the same position with three-month notice period would not pass, truly, the test of equality.

I need your guidance on this. How do I take this matter forward? Currently I am not comfortable declaring the company name. I hope you understand why?

Look forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely

Dave

Without naming the company name, can you tell us what your line of work is?

Most employees, unless they are very high level management or are a member of a union, never have a contract at all.

Without naming the company name, can you tell us what your line of work is?

Most employees, unless they are very high level management or are a member of a union, never have a contract at all.
Hi I am in the design side of the construction industry. My problem is not a contract, my problem is descrimination - other Associates have three month notice period and I have only one month. All the associates in my office got three plus month contract other than me. Is this something I can challenge?
When I requested I was informed that this is common.....how common? None in my office got less then 3 month notice period if they are holding an Assoicate or Above...
The company has a personal bias against me and my questioning approach.

my problem is descrimination
Legal descrimination is based upon race, gender, national origin, religion, or handicap. You have not shown this.

The company has a personal bias against me and my questioning approach.
This is not illegal unless you can show "legal" descrimination.

My problem is not a contract
Perhaps it is. Have you inquired why you were not offered the three month notice? Explain to them why you feel you are deserving of the 3 month notice. If they refuse to upgrade your contract, then it is your decision to be okay with it or look for other employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back