Enterprise Rental car oil leaked all over my driveway

GrumpyWillis

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
State is Tennessee

I got a rental car(s) from enterprise after my car was rear ended.

the first car I got, the transmission failed 3 days in.

the second car a 2022 rav 4 dumped oil all over my driveway. And not just a little bit of oil, literally all of the oil it had.

I pride myself in keeping my driveway clean and none of my cars leak oil and it's never had an oil stain. I can prove this as well. it's not going to be cheap to have it cleaned properly and I want it cleaned. Can/should I hold enterprise responsible for the property damage and request they pay to have my drive way cleaned?

Can/should I hold enterprise responsible for the property damage and request they pay to have my drive way cleaned?

You can "request" all you want but, unless you prove (not just say) that somebody at Enterprise knew about the leak and let the car out anyway, you aren't likely to get Enterprise to pay for the clean up.

That so much oil cut loose in your driveway suggests that it was sudden and unforeseeable.

I hope you spread absorbent stuff over the spill as soon as you saw it and then followed with concrete cleaner.

Spoke to an area manager today. Surprised they called me on a Sunday. They're gonna reimburse me for the material I had to buy to soak the spill and for someone to come and clean my driveway. Figured this would be an uphill battle. But I have it on my security camera that the car was leaking oil as I pulled in the day I brought it home from enterprise and continued to dump the entire amount of oil over night. I also went back to the lot and there was a puddle of oil under where it was parked. Definitely something they could have seen and probably should have. Glad they're doing the right thing.

Back