Employer Forged Signature on Disciplinary Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizzCatt

My jurisdiction is: Wyoming

I've got an EEOC retaliation case filed against my former employer, but there is one thing about my termination that's bothering me:

When I was let go 4 months ago, I was handed copies of disciplinary records that I'd never seen before. Upon a quick once-over, it was ridiculously apparent that my signature had been photocopied, without any deviations at all, onto several of them from the one disciplinary record I DID sign, the one that's part of the suit. :no:

From what the EEOC officer told me, the employer has not responded in the time allotted to the initial notice of the suit, and the EEOC may have to subpoena them.
But in the meantime, I need to know if the EEOC has jurisdiction in the forgery matter or if I have grounds to file a complaint with the AG's office? I'm worried that any statute of limitations this may have might run out before I find out for sure.

I don't have a lawyer to ask because attorneys in Wyoming don't seem to want touch an employment/racial discrimination case on contingency. Thanks for any help you're able to give me.

No the employer shot himself in the foot but it does not rise to a criminal prosecution the employer definitely set himself for some hefty punitive damages though.

Drat! I was wanting the satisfaction of seeing the bastards in court sooner for this. I'm worried that, over time, the paperwork will be "lost" and the only proof I have will be copies of their copies, which doesn't amount to anything without corroborating evidence that it came from them. I was hoping the AG could subpoena them faster.

(sigh) Hopefully, the EEOC can move on it fast enough to prove this aspect of my case.

But thank you, GH, for the advice.

Have you talked to an attorney yet?

On the initial discrimination case, yes.. several such. However, Wyoming is very bass-ackwards on discrimination recognition, so attorneys don't mess with such cases on contingency. I can understand that. As with most career choices, you go where the money sends you.

The forgery as a separate case? As Frankenfurter would say, "Why? Do you think I should?"

The idea has merit, so a bit of calling around on Monday would not be amiss.

Well you said it you go where the money sends you civil rights cases are typically small damage awards cases. If there is no direct evidence or conflict in the story's on both sides there are usually depositions. That is why these case are are rarely done on a contingency fee basis.

Wyoming state law on employment discrimination is broader than the Federal, (See 27-9-105. Discriminatory and unfair employment practices enumerated; limitations.) even if it was not that would not preclude you from filing in federal court. Forget forgery this all part of one case. Forgery is kiting checks or official documents things of that nature.

If you believe this case has merit yes you should be talking to an employment attorney even if the EEOC is working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back