1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Employer forced me to make my fmla time off

Discussion in 'Employment, Labor, Work Issues' started by Duckman1952, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green_Hornet

Green_Hornet New Member

I doubt you can not count unscheduled work against FML. FMLA is a remedial statute that must be broadly construed to effectuate its humanitarian purpose. And the purpose of the FMLA is "to entitle employees to take reasonable leave for medical reasons," and to help working men and women "balance the demands of the work place with the needs of families."

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Theretoo, you still have provided nothing to show that an employee who was on FMLA has a special exemption from policies that apply to employees not on FMLA. The case you linked us to does not address that situation.

I agree with Moose that you are misapplying the law. No one is saying that an employer can take negative action against an employee in retaliation for taking FMLA, but that is STILL NOT the same thing as requiring all employees, regardless of FMLA leave, to follow the same policies.

3. theretoo

theretoo New Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009