Employees right to privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharona3

I am a general partner of a corporation in Oregon. I am going through a nasty divorce in California with the other general partner of this corporation. In his attempts at a "hostile take-over" of the corporation, he has wrongfully accused the manager of embezzeling to be put in charge. The court can see right through this, however, he is doing other things that may be against labor laws.

First, he is insisting the manager send her back ups of the bookkeeping data which also has all of the employee information on it. Unfortunately, once they are in his hands, he has shown numerous people the data in order to "prove" his other frivilous case.

He has also given this disk to potential buyers.

So, a disk of our company information, as well as private employee information, is floating around California without the employees permission.

Is he violating our employees right to privacy?

I am a general partner of a corporation in Oregon. I am going through a nasty divorce in California with the other general partner of this corporation. In his attempts at a "hostile take-over" of the corporation, he has wrongfully accused the manager of embezzeling to be put in charge. The court can see right through this, however, he is doing other things that may be against labor laws.

First, he is insisting the manager send her back ups of the bookkeeping data which also has all of the employee information on it. Unfortunately, once they are in his hands, he has shown numerous people the data in order to "prove" his other frivilous case.

He has also given this disk to potential buyers.

So, a disk of our company information, as well as private employee information, is floating around California without the employees permission.

Is he violating our employees right to privacy?

For what its worth (which is nothing), but you asked for an opinion, NO.

If you believe otherwise, speak with an attorney and take legal action.

On a side note, your divorce could be coloring your feelings.

If I were you, I'd allow my attorney to do the job you retained her/him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back