employee salaries to base spousal support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaDW

Calif
My husband is a professional and has several employees who work for him. They do not work for commission. The salaries range from $35,000/year to $75,000/year.
My husband told the judge his salary is $0/year.
A forensic accountant stated my husband pays personal living expenses of at least $85,000/year (mortgage, car, insurance, food etc).
Can I ask the judge to base spousal support on the fact that he must have an income of at least $85,000/year based on his living expenses.
Or can I ask the judge to base spousal support on the fact that he is able to pay his employees salaries of between $35,000-$75,000 year and, as the employer, it could be said his salary, or worth, must be at least what his employee's salaries are? So his employee's salaries could be used to base spousal support?

If he is self employed you must prove what he makes after expenses. His employees are an expense so I do not think you can use their income. If a forensic accountant found evidence he should make $85k you can certainly use that but there is no question is he probably hiding income but you will have a hard time proving it. What do his bank records show? Did you work for him at all? do you have an attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back