Employee abuse

Matthuds

Jurisdiction
Alabama
Hello there. Well to start off I use to work for a car manufacture company and I wanted to know if you could sue a company who let another employee abuse you physically and verbally and punish you for the issues and move you elsewhere in the company and let that person still roam free and do as they please and continue to cause issues and do nothing about them and refuse to hire you on full time because that person is their favorite and you filing complaints against said person makes them dislike you. I talked to my temp agency and they had the complaints on file and did nothing, my HR department did nothing and my manager did nothing but try to hide everything and punish me.

As a contract employee you have zero employee rights.

Contractors are hired mules brought in to do the dirty work.

You have nothing upon which you can build a legal case.

I suggest you seek new employment and continue building your life.

That might be a valid reason to file a police report against him. It does not give you a legal cause of action against the employer.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. For example, I could sue you for including a 93 word, unpunctuated sentence in your post. I won't win, but I certainly can sue.

a company who let another employee abuse you physically and verbally

What do you mean that the employer "let" the other employee "abuse" you?

and punish you for the issues

What issues?

and move you elsewhere in the company

Employers move employees from one department to another all the time. Nothing illegal about it. And, in your case, if it was done in an effort to get you away from an employee who was "abusing" you, it may have been a smart thing to do.

I could go on, but your post is long on conclusions but virtually devoid of facts. You are free to speak with a local employment law attorney for an evaluation of a potential claim.

ramming me with his body and hitting me with car doors while we worked.

Those are the crimes of assault and battery. Did you call the police each time they happened?

Good point and good question.

Back