Eminent death of two parents how2provide 4 a disabled child livin will?

Jurisdiction
New York
Two parents,two children (both parents are the biological) of both children 1st child is 25, 2'nd is 11 and disabled,How can these parents get the little they have too the minor, together for 29yrs but not legally married in a state that has no common law marriage can a advocate get the estate to the minor? How much time is needed to secure,this arrangement, if it can be done?

Two parents,two children (both parents are the biological) of both children 1st child is 25, 2'nd is 11 and disabled,How can these parents get the little they have too the minor, together for 29yrs but not legally married in a state that has no common law marriage can a advocate get the estate to the minor? How much time is needed to secure,this arrangement, if it can be done?

Each of you need to hire a lawyer with the goal of creating a family trust for the benefit of the disabled child.

If you attempt to do this without using an attorney, the child usually ends up getting screwed, as will both of you.

Another option is a "special needs trust", also referred to as a "medical needs trust".

The sooner you retain a trusts attorney, the sooner you can accomplish your goal.

two living wills required or one?

Each of you need to hire a lawyer with the goal of creating a family trust for the benefit of the disabled child.

If you attempt to do this without using an attorney, the child usually ends up getting screwed, as will both of you.

Another option is a "special needs trust", also referred to as a "medical needs trust".

The sooner you retain a trusts attorney, the sooner you can accomplish your goal.
can the elder child admin. the estate?

My friend, if there isn't enough money to retain an attorney to create the trust, there isn't enough WEALTH to create a trust.
well the ? stands still, how can we leave what we have to the minor w/out giving it away to the lawyers, I understand wealth is a relative term, to a attorney 20 grand aint peanuts, to a poor family, it is everything, its in the bank litterally, i was thinking that a joint living will should suffice,if there is such a thing, but I am not an attorney and prolly not thinking clear!

well the ? stands still, how can we leave what we have to the minor w/out giving it away to the lawyers, I understand wealth is a relative term, to a attorney 20 grand aint peanuts, to a poor family, it is everything, its in the bank litterally, i was thinking that a joint living will should suffice,if there is such a thing, but I am not an attorney and prolly not thinking clear!
ok gonna rest gotta get up 5:45 to put the minor on the bus fer school, he aint handling none of this well

I gave the things away to the ones I wanted to receive it.
That way, no hanky panky, no inheritance taxes, much more bang for your buck.
If you want Henry to receive $100 and use a will, the courts, the state, and the feds steal half of it.
Poor Henry gets about fifty bucks, if he's lucky.
Versus GIVING him the $100 in cash, and its all his.

Its not about the lousy lawyers, mate.
Its about your elected scammers.
They write these onerous laws to assuage their greed.

Back