Emergency Order Denied

AliceInChainz

Jurisdiction
California
Ex took son ..won't return. I filed emergency order with the court told them exactly what was happening. I have been completely cut off from my son. Raised him for 12yrs by myself with no financial support.
I don't get text or calls. I know they are at his parents. He even enrolled him in school. I have no idea where my son goes to school and he won't tell me. I filed emergency order to get son back.. it was denied and set for trial. It's a month away. Is there anything I can file to get the court to let me or force him to let me see my child before the trial? I haven't seen him since he took him.

We have no current custody order
We had a mutual custody agreement in 2008 with me Primary (I know that's not good)
Then we had a restraining order giving me Primary Custody in 09' but it was only
"Interim orders"

Time to focus on/prepare your case. You might want to find an attorney during this time frame.

Don't be discouraged that the order was denied, it just may not have met the criteria for an "emergency".
There isn't much of anything you could do in a months time other than prepare as best you can to explain to the judge why you should be awarded the custody you are requesting.

Ex took son ..won't return. I filed emergency order with the court told them exactly what was happening. I have been completely cut off from my son. Raised him for 12yrs by myself with no financial support.
I don't get text or calls. I know they are at his parents. He even enrolled him in school. I have no idea where my son goes to school and he won't tell me. I filed emergency order to get son back.. it was denied and set for trial. It's a month away. Is there anything I can file to get the court to let me or force him to let me see my child before the trial? I haven't seen him since he took him.

We have no current custody order
We had a mutual custody agreement in 2008 with me Primary (I know that's not good)
Then we had a restraining order giving me Primary Custody in 09' but it was only
"Interim orders"
Does your son have a phone? If so call him.

Does your son have a phone? If so call him.

He did. Ex says that doesn't work anymore. It was about month old. Just bought it for son on his birthday. He said "it just stopped working" I have no contact.

Some one said if the orders made during restraining order were never changed that they are the only ones to go by Because they were never changed.. is this true?

Depends if the restraining order is still valid. When did it expire? It has been a long time...

How long since you actually adhered to that custody order?

He did. Ex says that doesn't work anymore. It was about month old. Just bought it for son on his birthday. He said "it just stopped working" I have no contact.

Some one said if the orders made during restraining order were never changed that they are the only ones to go by Because they were never changed.. is this true?

You're burning daylight and precious minutes asking people who can do nothing to improve your position, or help get your child back in your life.

You need to HIRE a lawyer to see to it that your parental rights to your child aren't stolen from you.

Tomorrow MORNING, please talk to at least THREE family law attorneys near you to discover just how you MUST proceed.

You'll also need to make sure you are represented in each and every court hearing no matter where it is held.

If you continue to just talk, ask questions, and wonder what happened; you'll only continue to be BLOCKED OUT, maybe even ELIMINATED from your child's life!

Back