Ebay: Discrimination & religious bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

romain22

Hi there, i ran across your website and I would like to have legal advice about ebay as It seems ebay behaves like a dictator and does what ever they want regardless of moral, ethic, religion, believes and more... this story below is not the only one: 3 months ago a package got lost so i reimbursed the buyer immediately.. this buyer then put a negative rate on my profile and called me "lyer"... which is totally wrong. I called ebay and they told me they could not remove it... anyways, this is a new story; i let you read. please if you know of a group suing them i'd like to add my stories (and i have proves)

Here is the story:

I have been selling coins and Thai religious items on ebay for a while now but recently they removed all my Buddhist religious items that had the shape of a phallus. First of all I was not noticed prior to unlisting my items so why I had that mixed feeling regarding this unusual and unprofessional practices. Then I received their email telling me I needed to list my Religious Thai Buddhist Items into the ADULT category as they were "sexually oriented" and showed human genital? Um... a Buddhist Amulet into the Adult section, seriously? And why not Jesus in the Sado Maso section? Or all these cute Angels flying with their little willy hanging in the air? Or all these Saints and Maries naked and breastfeeding? Or even all these nudes on the Art Category? Over all I found listed on ebay more than 300,000 items showing human genitals, private parts, and what could be listed as ADULT content: but all of them were listed in NON-ADULT CATEGORY... Why? Because they are accepted by our culture as they are all representations that are known and accepted by our Christian Civilization: killing a naked Jesus on the cross, the penis of an angel, the tits of the Virgin Marie... all of these is alright but a Buddhist amulet that has the shape of the phallus and subjectively reminds of a penis is, according to EBAY, a"Sexual item" and needs to go to the ADULT category: HOW MUCH OF A DISCRIMINATION CAN THIS BE REALLY? I let you read what they emailed me below:

"Dear ebowerbird (rgrouazel@yahoo.fr),
You recently listed the following listing:
290850309633 - Lot of 7 Thai Amulet Fetish Penis Men Brass Jewelry Pendant Charm Mini old
Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:
You listed items that are a representation of human genitals outside of the Adults Only category.
We want to create an atmosphere that mirrors real life, where adults can purchase legal items, but people who are offended by these kinds of materials don't have to see them.
We ask that you do not relist these type of items on the core site. We realize you may not have been aware of this policy, and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Items considered to be sexually-oriented or adult material can only be listed in the Everything Else > Adult Only category."

Address your issue with eBay. They are bullet proof. Read their restrictive terms of service.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Thank you, I just called them (again) and they told me that if I did not do as they asked.. that is, put my amulets in the ADULT Category, and not talking further about this matter (as I called them twice) that will jeopardize me from keeping selling on ebay. In one word, a threat. Anyways, after talking for a long time they did agree that I could relist them on the category I chose as long as I change the title and explain in details the deep meaning of my items. It s a good compromise although I wonder if everything is just not up to them ? They tell me yes now, maybe they change their mind tomorrow?
Same with my previous experience when I buyer called me a liar after I reimbursed her lost item, ebay did not do any thing although it is written in their FAQ section "that calling someone a liar" and leaving such post will not be tolerate as it is a bias and discriminatory... but they did not do what they wrote they would do... I guess they might be bullet proof after all :?

You still haven't won the argument.

Again, EBAY are protected legally like you wouldn't believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back