Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DWI and moving out of state

Status
Not open for further replies.

inneedindeed

My jurisdiction is: North Carolina and Arizona

My jurisdiction is: North Carolina and Arizona

Details : DWI North Carolina. Convicted feb 2009. Licence suspended for a year. 1 year unsupervised probation till feb 2010. Have Limited Driving privilage till feb 2010. Completed 16 hrs ADETS class, payed all fines, did 24 hrs community service. Was able to obtain auto insurance(may 2009-october 2009) through progressive which has to be renewed this october 2009.
Now moved to Arizona for school this august 2009. NC driving licence which is under suspension expires this September 2009.

Question:
How can I drive in AZ for the remaining period with limited licence(if allowed) until i re-instate my dl in feb 2010? What are the procedures?

How do I renew licence which is going to expire this september 2009 to qualify for insurance till the period of restricted privilage ie till feb 2010

Do i have to go to NC to get driving licence re-instated in feb 2010 or can it be done here in az?

I want to register my car in Az but am scared that they will take my driving previlage away because my NC licence is suspended. Will I be able to register my car here in AZ at all?

thank you very much. Any expert opnion/advice will greatly be appreciated.

thanks raskal nikov. I understand AZ will not give me a licence until I get a clean one from nc, but with the restricted privilage will I be able to drive in az?

i dont have any PO in nc that I was supposed to report to. My lawyer has confirmed that move to az is perfectly fine wihtout any court notification since i am in UNsupervised probation. but i just wanted some sort of legal confirmation. I think consulting attorney would be the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back