DV within a Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have been married a little over a year now and we have purchased a home in April of 2012. This morning we had a fight that turned into him getting in my face, shoving me and pushing me down on the steps. As he is on top of me, I scratch his face, and try to continue going up stairs to get out of that environment. As I'm walking back up the stairs he pulls me by my arm and pushes me into the wall, I fall and he punches me in my stomach. I finally get away and am walking up the stairs, when he calls the police and says I hit him and he feels threatened. I am 5' 3" 150 lbs and he is 5' 11" 350 lbs, how could I just attack him, as he stated to the police. Since he had left the little blood he had on his face from my scratch and being that he called the police, they labeled him the "victim". So they asked him if he wanted to press charges now or work it out and he said a divorce and civil court to press charges. I felt blown away, this is a guy with a temper that has punched our bedroom wall, mind you our home is brand new (top to bottom), he kicked in the bathroom door when I was in there. I went to the er one early morning because my vision in my left eye was very off, later to find out that when he smacked me on my left side of my face, I had a retinal detachment. I lied and said we was playing and accidentally I ran into his elbow. I have been punched into walls and had scars but never called the police because I was thinking about how in a marriage you don't give up, you work it out and pray. So now I am in need of some legal direction and advice, He has a lawyer already. So what do I do from here to keep the house, to plead my case and win and to stand by my rights as a wife?

You need to get yourself a lawyer.

I have been married a little over a year now and we have purchased a home in April of 2012. This morning we had a fight that turned into him getting in my face, shoving me and pushing me down on the steps. As he is on top of me, I scratch his face, and try to continue going up stairs to get out of that environment. As I'm walking back up the stairs he pulls me by my arm and pushes me into the wall, I fall and he punches me in my stomach. I finally get away and am walking up the stairs, when he calls the police and says I hit him and he feels threatened. I am 5' 3" 150 lbs and he is 5' 11" 350 lbs, how could I just attack him, as he stated to the police. Since he had left the little blood he had on his face from my scratch and being that he called the police, they labeled him the "victim". So they asked him if he wanted to press charges now or work it out and he said a divorce and civil court to press charges. I felt blown away, this is a guy with a temper that has punched our bedroom wall, mind you our home is brand new (top to bottom), he kicked in the bathroom door when I was in there. I went to the er one early morning because my vision in my left eye was very off, later to find out that when he smacked me on my left side of my face, I had a retinal detachment. I lied and said we was playing and accidentally I ran into his elbow. I have been punched into walls and had scars but never called the police because I was thinking about how in a marriage you don't give up, you work it out and pray. So now I am in need of some legal direction and advice, He has a lawyer already. So what do I do from here to keep the house, to plead my case and win and to stand by my rights as a wife?

He feels afraid of you. You are very violent. He'll get the house and you'll have to pay him alimony, abuser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back