Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI dui motcycle license

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksweeney

i have just gotten a dui in RI and i live in NY and i understand that my right to drive has been suspended. i wanted to know if i could go and get my motocycle permit and then my license and ride that untill i can drive again. will that work?

i have just gotten a dui in RI and i live in NY and i understand that my right to drive has been suspended. i wanted to know if i could go and get my motocycle permit and then my license and ride that untill i can drive again. will that work?

No.

You've lost your driving privileges.

You can walk.

You can hire a taxi or take a bus.

You can ride a bicycle.

You aren't allowed to drive a motor vehicle, any motor vehicle.

Army Judge has the answer for you. My follow up is simply to point out that you might want to regain some perspective before meeting with a prosecutor or appearing in front of a judge. You've just been restrained from driving privileges as a result of a serious charge. Getting a motorcycle permit is not a back door way out of your predicament. Our legislators are not sufficiently vacant to have that end around evade detection. I understand the issue for you but I'd advise you to think very differently moving forward.

You might be able to retain driving privileges for work purposes only. That depends on the circumstances.

A motorcycle is still a vehicle. Any suspension you get will apply to all motor vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back