Dont Know Where To Turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jferrell

I Am Now Goind Through A Divorce After 6 Yrs Of Seperation. My Daughter Lives With Me 90% Of The Time. I Have Not Had The Money To File For The Divorce And Custody. She Borrowed The Money And Beat Me To It. In The Papers She Asked For Sole Custody, Alimony, Insurance The Whole 9 Yards. This Is Where The Problem Begins. I Do Not Have The Money To Fight Her On Any Of This. One Of My Questions Is Since Financially I Am Stuck Is A Woman Of Her Nature Going To Get All She Asked For. She Is A Known Needle Junkie. My 12 Yr Old Daughter Has Found That And Many Drugs In Her Mothers Belongings. She Does Not Work And Lives In Government Housing. Claims She Is Bi-polar And Has Been Trying To Get On Disability For 15 Yrs. In My Opinion And The Lawyers That Want To Charge Me 1500.00 Just To Look The Case She Is Very Unfit. My Question Is. Does The State Of Tn Offer Any Free Legal Help That Anyone Knows Of?

You cannot afford not to get an attorney. Get a second job, borrow the money, do something so that you can have representation or go down to the law library and start researching civil procedure on your own. Just because she is asking for all this stuff does not mean she will get it but if you do nothing to fight her, you will end up screwed. You are also free to ask for custody and for her to take a drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back