Domestic Dispute

D

dansladyry

Jurisdiction
Illinois
My husband and I were involved in a domestic dispute 2 months ago. Neither of us pressed charges. DCFS became involved and closed the file. The state's attorneys office filed charges against my husband for domestic battery and had him arrested. I bonded him out. We now have a court hearing at the end of the month for this issue and we are looking to receive legal counsel on how to resolve this without it getting worse.

You might both also go into couples therapy before court! This may help as well. You say DCFS is involved are there children in the home? You might also consider visiting Parent Nook Forums - Index page its a Parenting and relationship forum hosted by this site where you might find others who have had similar situations and can tell you how they dealt with the Non legal issues as well. Like how did things get ugly and how to stop it from happening again.

My husband and I were involved in a domestic dispute 2 months ago. Neither of us pressed charges. DCFS became involved and closed the file. The state's attorneys office filed charges against my husband for domestic battery and had him arrested. I bonded him out. We now have a court hearing at the end of the month for this issue and we are looking to receive legal counsel on how to resolve this without it getting worse.

Hire a lawyer. You're lucky you don't have a court ordered protection order involved either. If you plan to stay together I agree you need to go to couples therapy and not just because of the charges.

Also neither of you could have pressed charges. That's up to the county attorney/DA to file charges as you learned.

You better hope it was worth it to bail him out too. I just found out the hard way about bailing someone out...

I just found out the hard way about bailing someone out...

Sadly, Leslie is 100000000000% correct.

Be very careful when you use YOUR money and SIGN your name to bail a person out of the hoosegow.

You didn't put that person into jail.

You have no obligation to bail that person out of the hoosegow, because when the loser gets free, he'll/she'll be gone, as will your money!!!!!

If someone asks you for money, the safest answer you can give is,
"NO can do for you, boo;
because I'm broker than you!"

Back