Doll Repair Person Not Returning My Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovescritters

:angel

Hello. I am new here and I hope that I have selected the correct forum for my problem.

A lady who does doll repairs has 4 of my antique dolls. She has had them for over a year and a half. We had a fire in our house and this person rec'd my dolls to clean and repair if necessary. Everytime I call her to find out if she is even close to being done, I get a run-around from her. I am thinking of getting a deputy sherrif to go with me to help me get my dolls. I don't want to do anything foolish but I am getting alarmed at the length of time this woman is taking. Does anyone know where I can find laws on this type of problem? Thanks for your help and any info you can give me. Dar S

You need to send her a letter with very strong and definite language indicating that she must either finish repairing your dolls by a certain date or return them as is. If you have paid any moneys for her services, as her to deduct any amounts applied on the repair/restoration of your dolls. If no response, then if the amount of the repairs is under $5K, take her to small claims court (since you cannot just go there with a police officer and retrieve your possessions) and file a claim so you can recover your belongings and any moneys that are due back to you. Good Luck!

Thanks so much, Presutin. I was thinking of doing that very thing -- sending her a Certified Letter -- because she says she doesn't get the voice messages that I put on her telephone. She also won't call me back when she says she will and I have to continually keep calling her.

I'll forget about the deputy sheriff, then, and concentrate on getting results through letters which I will keep copies of.

Thanks a million for your advice,
D. Schleeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back