Doing 2 to 3 Peoples Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amps

Ok, here is my issue. about 8 months ago an employee quit his job. Essentially 3 of us that support the whole US were told since we were the most knowledgeable without any extra will have to pick up the slack until the company has hired somebody. Well they hired somebody and 8 months later we are still doing his job. No issue, no problem. I can deal with this. However as of today one of us 3 has quit and now I'm being told that I have to take over his entire territory without any extra compensation. I signed and NDA a few years ago and competitors will hire me. Do I have any leg to stand on to quit and move on? Essentially this is a full time position that pays a minimum of $50k a year that I'm being told I have to do and I have no negogiation capacity. Can I just quit, goto a competitor since I have no voice in this?

An NDA and a non-compete are not the same thing. Which are you talking about?

I believe it's a Non-compete. I will read it again and let you know. I guess my question is does it apply though now that my Employer is asking me to do 3 peoples job without any additional compensation?

There is no law that automatically voids a non-compete if you are doing additional duties, no.

Whether or not any given non-compete is enforceable in any given circumstances is something only an attorney in your state who has read it, in full, can answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back