Does the probate court notify beneficiaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

My father lived in Florida, I live in Arkansas. My father named my half-sister as his personal representative, with me as secondary. Father passed away on October 16, 2012.

Father's attorney filed his will with the probate court last week. A third attorney hired by my HS has yet to file any paperwork with the probate court or make the newspaper publishings. I say third attorney because HS refuses to use Dad's attorney, and the second one she hired quit immediately after he learned that I had checked his standing with the Florida Bar Association. I only checked because I thought it was the prudent thing to do when hiring an attorney(?)

I only need to know if I will be officially notified by the probate court of the will being filed so I can hire an attorney. I feel I need an attorney of my own to make the probate court aware that there is approx. $95,000 missing from Dad's savings account. HS supposedly moved this money into a trust shortly after Dad entered a nursing home, but refuses to give me any additional information about where the money was placed.

Thanks in advance.

Why wait?
Hire an attorney and discuss with him or her what you wish to be done.
If you do hire an attorney, don't pay him or her until you receive a written retainer.
The retainer is the written contract between you and the attorney.
It describes what you are hiring the attorney to do and how much you will be charged to have it done.

Are beneficiaries notified by probate court?

My father lived in Florida. I live in Arkansas. Father named my half-sister as personal representative on his will, with me as secondary. Father passed away on October 16, 2012.

Father's attorney filed his will with the probate court last week. A third attorney, hired by HS, has yet to file any paperwork related to the will or make the newspaper publishings. I say third attorney because HS is refusing to work with father's attorney and the second attorney she hired quit immediately upon learning that I had checked his standing with the Florida Bar. I only checked because I thought that was the prudent thing for a consumer to do when hiring an attorney(?).

I need to know if as a beneficiary I will receive official notification from the probate court that the will has been filed? I intend to hire my own attorney to make the probate court aware that there is approx. $95,000 missing from father's bank account. HS supposedly moved this money into a trust shortly after father entered a nursing home, but refuses to give me any details about where the money is and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back