Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Does False "Rape" = Jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsmith001

A friend of mine said that all a girl would need to do to get you sent to jail is to accuse you of rape. He was very adamant about it. I said, well that's not so.
I mean, after all there would have to be evidence, like semen and other tell tale signs. The police and doctors would have to do an exam. My friend still poses that all a girl would need to do is say it to get you locked up. Is that so?

A friend of mine said that all a girl would need to do to get you sent to jail is to accuse you of rape. He was very adamant about it. I said, well that's not so.
I mean, after all there would have to be evidence, like semen and other tell tale signs. The police and doctors would have to do an exam. My friend still poses that all a girl would need to do is say it to get you locked up. Is that so?
I'll take it even further ... to make an arrest, the police to establish that there is probable cause to believe that (a) a crime was committed and (b) the suspect committed the crime. The mere accusation of rape is generally NOT going to result in an arrest. It is more likely to result in an arrest if the event just occurred and there is some kind of evidence at the scene ... state of undress, sign of a struggle, admission, witnesses, etc.

It is very rare that a rape suspect is arrested immediately even if identified the same night. This usually only happens in the case of a violent assault type rape, not the "date rape" or "revenge rape" claim cases. These tend to require more investigation.

- Carl

Yeah, my friend is really up to date on politics and other popular interest topics. He also has an MA in history. So, he knows a lot, but hes also just a know-it-all. The reason I'm checking up on this is because I ended up in a college class with a girl that accused me (10 years ago, when I was 16) of trying to lead her away from a party so I could rape her. The truth of the matter is, she wanted more beer, and I wasn't about to be her butt boy, so I said she had to go with. The whole thing was bogus. So, I mention this to my friend and he says: "Do you want to go to jail?!" And to be honest, it spooked me a little. So, here I am checking on the validity of his statement. Anyways...Thanks for the information! You have helped me confirm what I thought was true. ;)

Your friend is not right. A rape is forced sex. Semen is not indicative of anything but that sex took place, whether or not it was consensual is up to the prosecution to determine. If a woman cries rape but there is no evidence to support the sex was not consensual, it will be hard to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back