documentary film makers are considerd journalists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caymanhawk

Hi. I was wondering if someone making a documentary has journalist rights while researching information? Thanks for feedback, Travis

jharris352 said:
Please define journalist rights?

Come on, counsellor, you know journalist rights.

I think we know them as first amendment privilege.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Army, of course you think of 1st Amendment rights but that doesn't seem to jive with his question. Yes anyone documentary maker, journalist, panhandler on the street has "journalistic rights" if he means 1st amendment protections but is that really the question?

Hi. I was wondering if someone making a documentary has journalist rights while researching information? Thanks for feedback, Travis
A journalist has the same access to information as any other member o the public.

If you are asking whether a producer of a documentary has the same protections for confidentiality of sources as a "real" journalist, then the answer is very often, "Yes." But, there are exceptions. It will likely depend on the specific activity involved and the producer's involvement.

About this forum

Wow..................
what a nice Topic, And your title is also too cute.Such as I really like it, And hope that It may be liked by everyone.
===============

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back