Doctor's note even though I wasn't sick?

Andrew331

Jurisdiction
Florida
I slept through my shift at work. My boss said that I need a doctor's note to come back to work even though I told him I wasn't sick. He is now telling me that if I don't provide a doctor's note I will lose my job.

He is now telling me that if I don't provide a doctor's note I will lose my job.

He wants to make sure you have nothing medically wrong with you that caused you to fall asleep on the job. You could be injured when that happens.

Go to your doctor and get checked out if you want to keep your job. Get a note, even if it says there is nothing wrong with you.

He wants to make sure you have nothing medically wrong with you that caused you to fall asleep on the job. You could be injured when that happens.

Go to your doctor and get checked out if you want to keep your job. Get a note, even if it says there is nothing wrong with you.
I *think* OP slept at home, in his bed/couch, not at his job...at least that is the way I read his opening post.

Same answer either way. Get a doctor note that you are ok to work, or excusing you for illness, or else find a new job.
This is more of a company policy issue than a legal issue.

I slept through my shift at work. My boss said that I need a doctor's note to come back to work even though I told him I wasn't sick. He is now telling me that if I don't provide a doctor's note I will lose my job.

Oh my, asleep on the job, huh?

You must have been feeling unwell.

I suggest you get that note from a physician, unless you BELIEVE you can pass a drug test.

The sleeping was in regards to falling asleep at home right before I was supposed to leave for my shift.

Thank you everyone for your input, it's much appreciated!

Back