doctor said back away from table

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

went to see my knee doctor for my last shot and he said i need to back away from the table i am 5' 170 and have been every since i have seen him for 10 years was he wrong to say he know the meds i take can add weight i only eat small meals 3 times a day

went to see the bone doctor for my last of 3 shots in the knee and i have been the same weight for almost ten years the same amount time i have seen him

went to see the bone doctor for my last of 3 shots in the knee and i have been the same weight for almost ten years the same amount time i have seen him

Its never bad advice to know when to say when.

I don't think any medical advice is wrong.

If you're obese, you're obese.

No one gains weight by taking a handful of pills.

The weight comes from consuming larger than needed quantities of food, fatty foods, sugary drinks, carbs, lots of carbs; not a few pills.

Last edited:
If your weight is affecting your knee condition, then why shouldn't the doctor point that out? If you need help figuring out how to lose weight, then ask your doctor to assist you.

If you cut off your leg at the knee joint, weigh it, then subtract that number from 170 that is how much weight you put on that knee joint on and off, not accounting for compressive factors. Losing weight would definitely lower that number, I swear.:dgrin

It may or may not have been polite for him to say that, but it was not "wrong" for him to say it and it most certainly was not illegal for him to say it.

That's what doctor's do - they look out for your all around health. The dr. wasn't just concerned about your knee but your weight also - not a thing illegal there. (Less weight on your knee(s) might be a good idea.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back