Do I need to go through probate??

Melissa Hansen

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My mom passed 2nd of March 2022. She and I resided in her mobile home. I am still a resident of said trailer. She passed before getting my name added to the trailer. Also a car she was paying on I'd like to keep. I am an only child and would like to know if I have to take this to probate or if there are any other options.

My mom passed 2nd of March 2022. She and I resided in her mobile home. I am still a resident of said trailer. She passed before getting my name added to the trailer. Also a car she was paying on I'd like to keep. I am an only child and would like to know if I have to take this to probate or if there are any other options.
Since neither the car or mobile home are real property and if they are not worth more than $70,000 you should be able to file A Colorado small estate affidavit and not have to probate.

Google A Colorado small estate affidavit or contact an attorney.

Condolences.

This appears to be the form that you use for each titled item.

DR 2712 (colorado.gov)

You'll want to get several "certified" copies of the death certificate. Some places will accept plain copies, some won't.

Contact the car's lender so they know that you'll be continuing to make the payments on the car. Follow up the conversation in writing to whoever you talk to.

Also contact insurance companies so the insurance continues.

Back