Do I have to comply with CPS due to false allegations if the child is not in my home

Nicole Sull

Jurisdiction
Georgia
CPS contacted me about a week ago stating they had allegations of my child's clothes not being clean or fitting and that my attitude suggested the CPS worker told me that she went to my child's school and saw him and had no concerns with him at all she didn't ask me to take a drug test I refused because the child is in with his grandmother due to the fact I'm going to be moving soon and did not want to have to move him three different times so until I can get a stable are allowed him to go over there. The caseworker went to the grandmother's house to stated that I was not allowed to come there or take him anywhere because I was not take a drug test no court order has been made no judge has ordered what do I do in is this legit she's asking me to sign over temporary guardianship to the grandma to voluntarily pay the $124 to file the papers I don't think I should do that give my kid away from allegations are false and she said so herself what do I do

You aren't required to do a darn thing until a court orders you to do it.
Based on what you said here I think I would at least make a complaint to social services.
Don't worry about the drug test. It is in your best interest to not submit to the test unless ordered to, even if you never use any drugs.

Thank you so much I was wondering... I have not signed anyting no judge has told me anything and she also told me herself she saw no concerns with my child so why she is telling me I cannot take him anywhere and the grandmother has to abide by this is beyond me are you saying I should complain on CPS about how they are handling their case or what did you mean exactly

I doubt if complaining to CPS will do you any good. I suggest you don't agree to anything and tell the grandmother not to talk to the CPS caseworker. CPS has no power without a court order and giving up any of your rights voluntarily is foolish.

Who, exactly, is making these allegations to CPS?

are you saying I should complain on CPS about how they are handling their case or what did you mean exactly

While it is true that making a complaint probably won't result in anything, it is better than doing nothing.

Based on your information, it is my opinion that the case worker is going too far to attempt to restrict your access to your child without proper authority, and likely does so with others as well.

CPS contacted me about a week ago stating they had allegations of my child's clothes not being clean or fitting and that my attitude suggested the CPS worker told me that she went to my child's school and saw him and had no concerns with him at all she didn't ask me to take a drug test I refused because the child is in with his grandmother due to the fact I'm going to be moving soon and did not want to have to move him three different times so until I can get a stable are allowed him to go over there. The caseworker went to the grandmother's house to stated that I was not allowed to come there or take him anywhere because I was not take a drug test no court order has been made no judge has ordered what do I do in is this legit she's asking me to sign over temporary guardianship to the grandma to voluntarily pay the $124 to file the papers I don't think I should do that give my kid away from allegations are false and she said so herself what do I do
The caseworker said that the calls that were made were completely anonymous and I told her I was not taking a drug test because the child did not live with me I thought you knew investigation should be on the grandmother am I correct? Also in Georgia and says they have to have me in court within 72 hours if they place my child and they did not Place him I've placed him before she even came in the picture only a couple days but still..... I feel like she is doing too much to take my kid away for no reason when she said herself she saw no concern

I thought you knew investigation should be on the grandmother am I correct?

Any investigating would include parents, legal guardians, and anyone the child resides with. Just because the cooch lives elsewhere does not mean you are not responsible for the child.
Don't offer a reason for declining the drug test. Just decline it. If you are using illegal drugs you should expect it to become a problem with child custody at some point.

I feel like she is doing too much to take my kid away for no reason when she said herself she saw no concern

It is very possible that the original reason for contact was of no concern, but other concerns arose from the contact. Still, if social services obtains information that justifies taking action against your will then you will know because they won't be asking permission for things.

Without elaborating, I will tell you that had I been involved with the initial investigation and obtained the information you have provided here then I would likely be inclined to dig deeper. While you aren't obligated to do as cps asks, you may have some things you need to address to avoid future problems.

Just because the cooch lives elsewhere does not mean you are not responsible for the child.

He he he tee hee him type cooch. giggle giggle guffaw lol

File a complaint and don't do anything and don't talk to that caseworker anymore and tell your grandmother not to answer the door for them either unless there's a court order.

Back