Do I have any legal ground for compensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsmith85

Jurisdiction
Alberta
I have worked for the company in the same role for 3.5 years in commission sales. I get paid 25% of the gross profit and the fixed costs have always been $250 and $600 depending on the product sold. This is non commission-able profit. Since new management arrived in January, every single month this fixed cost has increased. From $250 to 450 to $750 to $1050 to 1650 to $2150. It's to the point now I have to sell the product approximately $1500 over asking price to even make more then then the minimum commission as full price there is $1500-3000 in any given item. Trying to calculate would be difficult but I suspect had the costs stayed the same I would have made $15000 more this year.

The company is making money, more money then they ever have since I was there. We are not spending more money on anything with the exception of a renovation mandated by the franchise. Most similar companies have this kind of structure where they have a set amount of non payable profit but I wonder if the steady and unreasonably high increase would give me grounds to go to small claims. I did also print off some of my deals which show this increase (printed from a logged in receptionist computer).

Last edited:
This website discusses the laws of the USA. We have no responders with knowledge of Canadian Federal or provincial laws, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back