do i have a chance at getting a restraining order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigoledaddy

Me and my ex are unmarried and i am the primary caregiver for our two daughters ages 4 and 6. She recently started dating a man with an extensive criminal record. He has recently left rehab for IV oxycotin addiction and is facing charges of domestic violence probation violations and others. He already has an order of protection against him from another woman. I asked my ex to please keep this man away from our young daughters and she threatened to keep the children and not return them if I did not drop the subject. I believe this man poses a very real risk to my children and i also believe my ex will make good on her threats.
Do I stand a`chance of getting a restraining order against her to protect my children and keep her from running off with them?

If you can prove that he's a threat to the children, you may be successful.

How would I go about proving he's a threat to the children? I know that he kicked down the door at his ex girl friends house and smacked her around.

Has he hurt Mom? The kids themselves? How many DV convictions does he have and how old are they?

Me and my ex are unmarried and i am the primary caregiver for our two daughters ages 4 and 6. She recently started dating a man with an extensive criminal record. He has recently left rehab for IV oxycotin addiction and is facing charges of domestic violence probation violations and others. He already has an order of protection against him from another woman. I asked my ex to please keep this man away from our young daughters and she threatened to keep the children and not return them if I did not drop the subject. I believe this man poses a very real risk to my children and i also believe my ex will make good on her threats.
Do I stand a`chance of getting a restraining order against her to protect my children and keep her from running off with them?

I know this, if you can obtain a restraining order, it can't be on this website.
If any of us had the ability (or the gift) to predict things, we'd be predicting lottery numbers.
Seriously, if a solution exists, it is in the court where your custody was obtained.
If you are denied visitation, immediately take the matter to court.
I also suggest you begin taking pictures of your children when you accept them for your visits.
You should also take pictures of them just as you return them to their mother.
You might also have a general chat with them about being able to talk to your about anything.
Advise them that good people don't abuse other people, especially children.
Finishing that conversation off with a hug and daddy loves you, makes them know you will be there for them, no matter what.
I know they already know that, but telling them never hurts.
Lastly, a restraining order is just apiece of paper.
No, it won't prevent her from running off with the precious little dears.
You already have a document that advises her not to run off with the children, or to deprive you of visitation.
That is your custody order.
It also won't prevent him from harming the, either.
Just keep your eyes and ears open, your mouth shut, document everything, take pictures, and be vigilant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back