Do I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastfire2500

I fell in Feb stepping off my sidewalk onto drive because of ice. I went to ER. The said it was a sprain. To see a Dr in a few days. They did X-rays. So that afternoon I went to another medical facility.

A medical practitioner walked in look at X-rays from hospital. Said it sprain. I wore a cast for 3 weeks. He released me. It started sweeling up the next day. I went back couple days later. He I wore boot for another 3 weeks. I asked for an MRI. He told me I was wasting my money time. But he finally did. I went back almost week later. He said tear was worse than he thought. But never told me how bad. So I wore boot another 3 weeks. 9 weeks total in cast or boot. He released me to go back to work April 22. By the end of the work day I could hardly walk. So I called another Doctor.

He ex exam my ankle. I did a few standing test. I failed one with my right ankle I couldn't stand on one foot and push up. He wanted to look at the MRI that had done previously.

He to me the injury I had wouldn't heal without surgery. That he couldn't do it and sent me to another physician.

I went to him few times. He tried different things. But he said surgery would be right thing. It won't heal on it's own. He done surgery on July21. I was wondering if I had a case against anyone for not doing enough investigation and not treating properly?

Don't use the names of people places or things.
We don't want to see you get sued, and we don't want to be sued, either.

Thank you, your friendly "mod"

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is a workers comp case, read the information provided to you wen you went on WC.

You are free to consult a WC attorney, however.

If you believe you have any legal issues resulting from your recent accident or injury, please see a local attorney that you trust.
If no attorney shows an interest in your case, you probably don't have a very good case.
Good luck, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

You can certainly take your medical records to a medical malpractice attorney for review & also to discuss your situation to see if you might possibly have a case.

It's "probably" not a workers comp. case since OP said "fell stepping off MY sidewalk......"

It sounds to me that you need more than you have to consider malpractice. An attorney might be able to uncover something more, but as you explain it here it is likely not something that will amount to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back