1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Divorce

Discussion in 'Divorce, Separation, Annulment' started by Criminaldefense48, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Criminaldefense48

Criminaldefense48 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Rhode Island
    Hey I live in the state of Rhode Island. I just have a question. So my aunt has been separated from her husband for several years they are still married though with kids involved but she dont see her kids cause the husband wont let her. But anyways so the biggest problem is she cant afford a lawyer because she receives social security income every month of $750. Is there a way for her to find a free lawyer or a lawyer with reduced payments or payment plans in the state of Rhode island. I don't know nothing about this kind of stuff but I told her I would help her find what options she may have.

2. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

Probably. She'll never know for sure until she asks. Best place to start is probably the Rhode Island Bar Association.

Also, how old are the kids? It sounds like they're of school age. If so, what's to stop your aunt from picking up the kids from school? Also, what's to stop her from getting a job and earning more than $750 a month?

Disabled Vet likes this.
  3. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

How old are these "kids"? If she's old enough to collect social security I can't see the kids being that young.

army judge likes this.
  4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I can't speak to the abilities of your relative, but I have been told that ANYTHING is possible.

How old are the "children"?

How old is your "relative"?

5. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

It would be much easier if your Aunt were to join this site. That way we would be able to discuss this with her, the legal party. Please, ask her to join...

Thanks
    Blue

6. Red Kayak

Red Kayak Active Member

Perhaps she's actually receiving a disability check.

army judge and justblue like this.