divorce

B

Bills348568

Jurisdiction
New York
We haven't filled for a divorce yet, but. We are not together, can I have a repo company take the car that only in my name. Everything is
in my name

Probably.
Call a couple repo companies and see what they advise.

I have one company already willing to do it but will it interfere with the family court

If no court action is pending, probably not.
That doesn't mean she won't howl about it when the divorce proceedings commence.
If you decide to have the car snatched, I suggest filing for divorce within 24-72 hours after the snatch.
You're making the payments, paying insurance, licensing, already moved, so it makes sense.
That won't stop her from saying taking the car caused inconvenience and harmed your children.
Be ready to possibly explain.
Your lawyer will assist.
One reason is you need the car to commute to work.

If no court action is pending, probably not.
That doesn't mean she won't howl about it when the divorce proceedings commence.
If you decide to have the car snatched, I suggest filing for divorce within 24-72 hours after the snatch.
You're making the payments, paying insurance, licensing, already moved, so it makes sense.
That won't stop her from saying taking the car caused inconvenience and harmed your children.
Be ready to possibly explain.
Your lawyer will assist.
One reason is you need the car to commute to work.

I just don't want this to get in the way of family court and getting visitation cuz her lawyer is already down my lawyer throat

I just don't want this to get in the way of family court and getting visitation cuz her lawyer is already down my lawyer throat

I suggest you ask your lawyer before you snatch the car.
She could use a car snatch to say you don't care about your kids.
She might say because she has no car, the kids can't get to the dentist, their physician, school, etc...
Without a car, she can't buy the kids clothes, get groceries, take the kids to play with their friend, etc...

Yes, ask your lawyer before you make your life tougher.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Good luck.

Back