Divorce with child but not in either's custody

A

ashes33

Jurisdiction
Alabama
Hello, I am filing for divorce using free documents online. We have one child but she is in the custody of her grandmother. How do I go about this?

Hello, I am filing for divorce using free documents online. We have one child but she is in the custody of her grandmother. How do I go about this?

If the grandmother has FULL, legal custody of the child, you can pursue a child less divorce.

Beats me.

Would help to know why the child is in the custody of her grandmother (your mother or your wife's), how long it's been, what court papers (if any) gave custody to the grandmother, and what your (and your wife's) goal is for future custody.

How does the grandma have custody? Are you sure it's sole legal/physical custody or was she made a guardian of the child?

If the grandma has custody neither of you can put the child in the divorce. If you want custody back you have to go file for it separately I would think.

Back