Divorce stipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmym003

My jurisdiction is: Utah

In 2004 I had an affair. I req a divorced so we did but than later re-married in 06. Now she wants a divorce. She states because of many different reasons. But on the stip it says irreconcilable diff. She gave the information to a friend who is a para legal to write the stipulaton up. I have read it and she wants joint legal but sole physical custody. We had twins before the first divorce. We get along great only arguing about the past if it comes up and the emotional issues of the current situation. She has moved out and lives in a house about 5 blocks away. She has a friend who is a lawyer as well whom she gets info from. My wife makes around 6,300.00 a month and I make around 3,500.00 a month. I work as a full time fire fighter so I work 24 hour shifts alternating days then 4 days of than another 4 24 hour alternating shifts than 6 days off. I work about 10 days a month. She works as a Radiology Practioner Assistant and is saleried but still gets overtime at 100 and hour. She works 5 days a week while being on call around 3 to 5 days a month after her scheduled work time and on the weekends. I was working 2 jobs since we were married the first time in 02 then she stated that I should just quit the 2nd job after the twins were born due that paying for a sitter for the days I work at the 2nd job would not be cost effective. Well now I am working 2 jobs again so I can afford the house and now she wants me to pay child support. What I am asking is should I challenge the support and custody issue. I just feel that I could pay less. I offered to still pay child support but I wanted joint physical and legal custody she said no only joint legal.

My jurisdiction is: Utah

In 2004 I had an affair. I req a divorced so we did but than later re-married in 06. Now she wants a divorce. She states because of many different reasons. But on the stip it says irreconcilable diff. She gave the information to a friend who is a para legal to write the stipulaton up. I have read it and she wants joint legal but sole physical custody. We had twins before the first divorce. We get along great only arguing about the past if it comes up and the emotional issues of the current situation. She has moved out and lives in a house about 5 blocks away. She has a friend who is a lawyer as well whom she gets info from. My wife makes around 6,300.00 a month and I make around 3,500.00 a month. I work as a full time fire fighter so I work 24 hour shifts alternating days then 4 days of than another 4 24 hour alternating shifts than 6 days off. I work about 10 days a month. She works as a Radiology Practioner Assistant and is saleried but still gets overtime at 100 and hour. She works 5 days a week while being on call around 3 to 5 days a month after her scheduled work time and on the weekends. I was working 2 jobs since we were married the first time in 02 then she stated that I should just quit the 2nd job after the twins were born due that paying for a sitter for the days I work at the 2nd job would not be cost effective. Well now I am working 2 jobs again so I can afford the house and now she wants me to pay child support. What I am asking is should I challenge the support and custody issue. I just feel that I could pay less. I offered to still pay child support but I wanted joint physical and legal custody she said no only joint legal.

I really hope this isn't only about the money. In any case, you need your own lawyer.

You can and should challenge the custody issue. You can certainly request joint physical, and with your fire fighter schedule, I don't see why it wouldn't be considered. However, if you can make do without the second job, your chances of joint physical will improve. Why not let your wife live in the house if she can afford it?

Here's some information that may help you:

http://www.utahbar.org/sites/familylaw/html/custody.html

Defiently not about the money I just want to see my kids as much as possible. I would just like it to be fair. Thanks for the link.

You can certainly ask for joint legal. I would not listen to your wife. You really need an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back