Divorce and living together

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmckjggr

My wife and I are thinking about getting a divorce and still live togetherso that we may get help from welfare and medicare is this legal. We cannot receive any help as we make 500.00 more than the law allows. Thank you.

bmckjggr said:
My wife and I are thinking about getting a divorce and still live togetherso that we may get help from welfare and medicare is this legal. We cannot receive any help as we make 500.00 more than the law allows. Thank you.
You can get a divorce and still live together but there are consequences for your actions and some of the benefits of marriage may not help you. I'm not sure that simply changing your status will change the overall effect on your finances. What gives you the idea that it will?

Well I suppose you can gt a divorce but if you 2 live under the same roof, that might raise some eyebrows. Can this be constituted fraud? Technically yes.

If your wife files for welfare, they are going to go after you for the money so that does not make sense. Same with medical help. If you get a divorce you are likely going to be forced to pay child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back