Dissolve long term protective order

Shadowboxxx

Jurisdiction
Alaska
My husband has been divorced since 2013. There was a PO put against him in 2011.
The order had been modified at the end of the divorce and stated for email communication for resolve of certain things etc. Time
Has passed with no
Communications and here we are 2017.
My husband is active duty military and we have moved to two different states by this time.
We went to purchase a gun and he was denied.
We got the information from
NICS saying it was dealing with this PO.
He has purchased two other guns within this time with no
Issue. And now this pops up.
The court people in Alaska say we need to file a form for dissolve of the PO.

When asked for reasons, we are stumped on what will help
This move along.
Between the fact of he has moved on with his life, had no
Communications other then being amicable when he did need to communicate with her.
He is a 13F so that also deals with his job. And we have been married over a year now.

I'm not sure what other good reasons he can write that will Help With this dissolve. Any information or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

S

My husband has been divorced since 2013. There was a PO put against him in 2011.
The order had been modified at the end of the divorce and stated for email communication for resolve of certain things etc. Time
Has passed with no
Communications and here we are 2017.
My husband is active duty military and we have moved to two different states by this time.
We went to purchase a gun and he was denied.
We got the information from
NICS saying it was dealing with this PO.
He has purchased two other guns within this time with no
Issue. And now this pops up.
The court people in Alaska say we need to file a form for dissolve of the PO.

When asked for reasons, we are stumped on what will help
This move along.
Between the fact of he has moved on with his life, had no
Communications other then being amicable when he did need to communicate with her.
He is a 13F so that also deals with his job. And we have been married over a year now.

I'm not sure what other good reasons he can write that will Help With this dissolve. Any information or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

S

The PO you describe probably has to do with acts of domestic violence, or allegations of same.

If that's the case, he'll never get the ability to purchase or possess firearms.

It may also impact his military career and clearances.

He should consult a lawyer to determine if there's anything he can do to remedy the dilemma before he loses everything and ends up with an unfavorable discharge.

There's nothing an online discussion site can do to help but offer useless words.

The PO you describe probably has to do with acts of domestic violence, or allegations of same.

If that's the case, he'll never get the ability to purchase or possess firearms.

It may also impact his military career and clearances.

He should consult a lawyer to determine if there's anything he can do to remedy the dilemma before he loses everything and ends up with an unfavorable discharge.

There's nothing an online discussion site can do to help but offer useless words.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the help.

Back