Dishonest Medical Clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurimarie128

I was employed by a very large medical group for 3.5 years. This medical group has a number of hospitals and clinics in the southeastern part of Wisconsin. In those 3.5 years I recieved performance reviews that reflected my outstanding performance. I was given larger than the average merit increases, and I recieved 3 service awards (in addition to other awards). I was never put in disipline, I never had a complaint against me. I was very well liked and appreciated by the medical staff I worked with as well as 99% of the employees at the 2 sites I worked at. The business manager however did NOT like me. She didn't like me because I got her in trouble about 1 1/2 years ago for changing employee punches to eliminate overtime as well as some other issues. After I reported these issues she totally avoided me in the clinic...she went to EVERY department to say "hello, how are things going", but purposely avoided mine. To make a long story short she made comments at meetings to other members of management that she wanted to get rid of me. I asked too many questions, I was too much of an "employee advocate", etc. I ended up quitting because I felt she was going to fire me in a situation that would normally be a disipline issue. I filed a labor standards complaint and I filed un-employment. At first I was found ineligible for benefits. I appealed that decision and had a hearing where this woman actually did admit that she stated she wanted me gone. I was then found eligible for benefits. My question is this: As a member of high management/administration, is it appropriate for her to badmouth me to my former co-workers? Is she allowed to discuss the cases I have filed against her with those co-workers? I think it's a violation of my privacy as well as totally inappropriate for someone in her position. This is a huge company and I don't want to start something that I would have no chance of winning...any advice would be appreciated.

It may or may not have been appropriate. However, it did not violate any laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back