Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firmfaith

Here is the situation. About three years ago my company formed an advisory committee to oversee the work me and another coworker do on a company newsletter. This advisory committee is supposed to only "advise" however, they are trying to "supervise" us even though they are only volunteers and we are paid professionals. They have harassed us for about three years stating things like that we are not professional enough, etc. They are also planning to hire an editor because we are not "professional" enough to be promoted, etc. I am the only one with a degree in journalism.

There are only two of us in our office and my coworker was on medical leave which left me alone for almost two months to do her work as well as mine. During this time I was also harassed even though I managed to get the newsletter out with few errors.

Recently, we were called into a meeting with the chair of the board of directors, the Human Resources director, the general manager, my boss, the asst. director and my coworker. While the chair was speaking I was taking notes. Suddenly she screamed at me out of the blue, "Look at me when I am speaking to you and wipe that smirk off of your face." First of all, I was not smirking. I have a medical condition called Bell's Palsy where part of my mouth is paralyzed. Second of all, she humiliated me in front of my coworkers. No one said a word in my defense. I am very upset about this and thinking about filing a complaint.

If there is any action for you to take it is within the company's employment policy. Bring your concerns to the personnel/human resources office.

Nothing you have described meets the legal definition of illegal harassment or gives you cause for any legal recourse.

Based on what you posted, I see no illegal discrimination/harassment. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back