Discrimination by Family Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardG

I am employed in a non-profit. Recently a family member was terminated from their position, and immediately following their termination I was told that I am no longer permitted to continue my role but I must accept another role in the company and work different hours in order to maintain employment. Is this a illegal discriminatory practice?

Based on your post, I don't see anything illegal. (unless you have a binding employment contract that guarantees you a certain role)

It's only illegal discrimination if you are discriminated against due to a reason prohibited by law (examples - religion, gender, race......).

I am employed in a non-profit. Recently a family member was terminated from their position, and immediately following their termination I was told that I am no longer permitted to continue my role but I must accept another role in the company and work different hours in order to maintain employment. Is this a illegal discriminatory practice?

Two questions:

1. Is the nature of the non-profit org religious?

2. What exactly is your relationship with the family member?

Based SOLELY on the information in your post, No, it is not illegal discrimination and is, in fact, a fairly common practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back