Desperate for help! I'm begging! Please someone help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

To sum things up I have contacted the EEOC and was told that I do not have a case of discrimination but to contact the Federal Government Information which then had me contacts the Texas Workforce Commission who told me that it didn't sound like i have case. Here is a run down:

COMPLAINT

1.) Harassment-
3 write-ups in less then a year which all have been proven to not be my fault. (Write-ups all made without gaining both side of the issues, I was never asked about any of the issues in question. It was assumed to be true.)

2.) Discrimination-
Only employee not given a review at the same time as other employees. (Still have not received that review)

3.) Falsifying information:
Wrongful allegations by hearsay and not based on facts.

4.) Stressful and Hostile Work environment:
*Being wrongly accused and proving my case to senior partner without resolve.
* Feeling as though every move I make is being noted and analyzed. Feelings of paranoia that other co-workers are constantly talking about me be hind my back.
*Most if not all co-works knew of write ups before I myself did.
*Feeling as through i am being forced to quit. It's been said in the past that "Her Healthcare does not and will not pay out unemployment."
Yelled at by practice manager when asked for a copy of write ups. Response I received in a very loud and threatening manner was "NO" when I politely asked why the response I received again in a very loud and threatening manner was "Go away Amanda, I don't have time for you!"
*I've had to be seen by a psychologist to help manage my current situation. *Placed on anti-anxiety and depression medications as well as taken out of work for a week. I have not be able to sleep or eat due to the stress I've been placed under at work. It has had a negative effect on my family as well and because all i want to do is cry and be left alone. When I do try to be social i can tell I am very withdrawn.

*Actions to cause me to quit.
Even after having a meeting with practice manager and senior partner Dr. ***** it was noted that all allegations against me were indeed false but no action nor attempt to correct the situation was made. In fact
it was said by Dr. ******* that regardless of who is at fault for these "Cluster of mistakes" something needs to be done to correct them by "Shaking thing up". I have been the only employee to be moved from their position of 3 years due to the recent write-ups. I have been singled out and as a results I feel extremely embarrassed to even show my face. All because of allegations that where placed on me without verifying the facts.Therefore, I am taking the blame for all mistakes make by all regardless of who was responsible .

*I am in fear of returning to my position due to the meeting that took place on March 6th, 2013 and some issues where brought up about management showing favoritism toward certain staff members. As well as issues involving the crate and voicemails.

*My past 2 reviews with ****** have all been outstanding and in fact beyond expectations.

* I personally feel as though there write ups are being made in avoidance to give me my review that will have been due 2 years ago come April 2013.

After this meeting not was done to correct the situation. I still remain on a 30 day probation. Even after I have provided hard evidence. The comment from the senior parter was "No one likes to feel attacked". I even have this entire meeting on recording.

Please someone help me! I've lost sleep, feel as though i am going insane over this! It's making my life hell. I need answers! Quoting and filing "just cause" through unemployment doesn't seem far for them to get away with treating someone in this way.

Based on what you posted, I don't see anything illegal done by your employer.
1. Not illegal & you don't have to be asked your side of the issues.
2. Not illegal - all employees do not have to be treated the same as long as you aren't discriminated against due to a reason prohibited by law (examples age, religion, gender.....).
3. Not illegal to believe hearsay.
4. Hostile work environment has a specific meaning under the law - it generally is not a hostile work environment unless it involves a protected class (again - age, religion, gender....) http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-hostile-work-environment.htm

I agree with the EEOC & the Texas Workforce Commission. I don't see a case. However, you are certainly free to run your situation by an attorney.

This is of paramount importance to you.
Unfortunately for you, life goes on, and the world doesn't care. I see no cause of action upon which you can base a claim.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Your additional facts still do not change the fact that nothing illegal has transpired.

I don't see where the additional info changes anything either. As I noted previously; if you still believe you have a case, run it by an employment lawyer if it will make you feel better.

In most states in order to quit and receive benefits due to adverse treatment, the situation has to be so outrageously extreme that there really isn't any other possible recourse but to quit.

Frankly, I don't see what's happening to you, seen from an outside, objective viewpoint, as being extreme enough to warrant it. Especially not in a state like Texas, which tends towards being employer-friendly.

You are, of course, free to try being a test case but I would very strongly recommend that before you do so, you review all the details of your situation with an employment law attorney.

Last edited:
I wouldn't quit without having another job first. You "probably" will not receive UI benefits. At least talk to an attorney (an employment law attorney would be best) as suggested by cbg & myself previously.

Find another job.

Or, you can start your own business.

There is no right to work or have a job, in the sense in which you speak.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I've spoken with TWC and I do qualify for "just cause" or another term "good cause" to quit based on the emotional and mental effects it is having on my entire life. How would you feel if you were being accused over several different occasions and issues that you never did. Then you prove yourself correct and inocent in front of the senior partners. And all they can say is "we're sorry no one should feel like thier being attacked, we are sorry. However, there have been a cluster of mistakes regardless of who is Responsible. I get what you're saying, and I understand. You are correct. But we are going to keep things the way they are. You will remain on a 30 day probation and moved positions From clinical nurse to PRN." (First time in 3 years to ever be moved, no one else has been moved other than me).

So basically saying that I will take fault for anyone and everyone's mistakes even if I am not the one responsible.

I know you're thinking there are two sides to every story, and there has to be more to this one. I wish there were, but these are the simple facts. The truth. I feel as though I am standing in a crowded room screaming at the top of my lungs and no one even bothers to notice.

How could you go to work day to day and look at those people in their eyes and not feel resentment and grief after you have given them three years of your life and 100%. Your very best. Not including the fact of becoming extremely close to patients. I may be a strong person, but I don't think that I am that strong.

If you do quit & file for UI, good luck on receiving it. The UI agcy. will make a definite decision after an application is filed & received. What they tell you over the phone is not binding.

Once again, good luck to you. I wish you the best. Some companies do care about their employees but these days many don't.

NO state will EVER give you a definite yes or no as to whether you can collect UI under any given circumstances until after a claim has been filed and they have done and investigation. Either you misunderstood them or you are lying to us. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it is the former.

ETA: I'm going to give you a hint here. A few years ago, on another board a poster who was just as determined as you that she just HAD to have some legal recourse because it just wasn't RIGHT what her employer was doing to her, came back a few days later and insisted up down and sideways that the appropriate regulatory agency for her particular issue had agreed with her and fined the employer and she'd gotten a huge reward and yada yada yada. The only problem was, quite a few of us had worked with the agency in question and knew very well that the agency in question would not even have gotten a notice of investigation off to the employer yet, let alone have reached a conclusion and issued a judgment. AT MINIMUM the investigation would have taken 6 months - if the poster was lucky. And she still wouldn't have gotten a judgement or award in that span of time. Anyone who had done any work with the agency in question, and quite a few of us had, would have known instantly that she was lying.

Now, the TWC won't take 6 months, but they'll take at least three weeks. And you were pleading for us to give you an answer as to whether or not you had good cause on Saturday,yesterday - but today, Sunday, you're telling us that the TWC has already said you do. Does the fact that the TWC is not open on the weekends change your response anyway? Or the fact that in the very first paragraph of your very first post you say that THEN, the TWC was saying it didn't sound as if you had a case?

I'm not accusing you of lying - yet. (Don't bother telling me that your next door neighbor or your brother in law works for the TWC and you got your information from them even though it was the weekend, because then I WILL call you a liar.) But I suggest that you AT LEAST wait long enough for a claim investigation and post on a weekday, before you tell us that the TWC has approved your claim.

Last edited:
I don't intend to be mean here, but I think you need more help than any message board can provide.

Counseling. Therapy.

Sweetie, I've had employees in Texas so don't tell me I don't know how their laws work. And I know that you didn't talk to Alisha or anyone else at the TWC between yesterday and today. And I'm able to read what you initially posted and see the difference between what you said then, and what you're saying now.

I also know the legal definition of a hostile workplace and you're not in one. Not by the legal definition. Not based on what you've posted.

So you go talk to whoever you like, but I think you're done here.

To sum things up I have contacted the EEOC and was told that I do not have a case of discrimination but to contact the Federal Government Information which then had me contacts the Texas Workforce Commission who told me that it didn't sound like i have case. Here is a run down:

COMPLAINT

1.) Harassment-
3 write-ups in less then a year which all have been proven to not be my fault. (Write-ups all made without gaining both side of the issues, I was never asked about any of the issues in question. It was assumed to be true.)

2.) Discrimination-
Only employee not given a review at the same time as other employees. (Still have not received that review)

3.) Falsifying information:
Wrongful allegations by hearsay and not based on facts.

4.) Stressful and Hostile Work environment:
*Being wrongly accused and proving my case to senior partner without resolve.
* Feeling as though every move I make is being noted and analyzed. Feelings of paranoia that other co-workers are constantly talking about me be hind my back.
*Most if not all co-works knew of write ups before I myself did.
*Feeling as through i am being forced to quit. It's been said in the past that "Her Healthcare does not and will not pay out unemployment."
Yelled at by practice manager when asked for a copy of write ups. Response I received in a very loud and threatening manner was "NO" when I politely asked why the response I received again in a very loud and threatening manner was "Go away Amanda, I don't have time for you!"
*I've had to be seen by a psychologist to help manage my current situation. *Placed on anti-anxiety and depression medications as well as taken out of work for a week. I have not be able to sleep or eat due to the stress I've been placed under at work. It has had a negative effect on my family as well and because all i want to do is cry and be left alone. When I do try to be social i can tell I am very withdrawn.

*Actions to cause me to quit.
Even after having a meeting with practice manager and senior partner Dr. ***** it was noted that all allegations against me were indeed false but no action nor attempt to correct the situation was made. In fact
it was said by Dr. ******* that regardless of who is at fault for these "Cluster of mistakes" something needs to be done to correct them by "Shaking thing up". I have been the only employee to be moved from their position of 3 years due to the recent write-ups. I have been singled out and as a results I feel extremely embarrassed to even show my face. All because of allegations that where placed on me without verifying the facts.Therefore, I am taking the blame for all mistakes make by all regardless of who was responsible .

*I am in fear of returning to my position due to the meeting that took place on March 6th, 2013 and some issues where brought up about management showing favoritism toward certain staff members. As well as issues involving the crate and voicemails.

*My past 2 reviews with ****** have all been outstanding and in fact beyond expectations.

* I personally feel as though there write ups are being made in avoidance to give me my review that will have been due 2 years ago come April 2013.

After this meeting not was done to correct the situation. I still remain on a 30 day probation. Even after I have provided hard evidence. The comment from the senior parter was "No one likes to feel attacked". I even have this entire meeting on recording.

Please someone help me! I've lost sleep, feel as though i am going insane over this! It's making my life hell. I need answers! Quoting and filing "just cause" through unemployment doesn't seem far for them to get away with treating someone in this way.

Quoted for posterity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back