Denied Unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

woeisme

The company that I worked for "released" me.

Is what I heard at one time. Yet, when it came time to draw for benifits I was told I had quit.

It took MONTHS, and finally I got my time in court and the judge saw the truth and awarded me the benifits.

Problem is..............I did not call MARVIN like I should have, because I did not know how to do it. I was calling all wrong, I was not being certified. My calls were never recorded except for the time I had Michigan Works agancy do it for me in their office.

I got the GREEN booklet after I was denied twice from unemployment, and I thought the book can not be that important if I got it so late.(when I go to cook a meal, I have the recipe already, I do not go looking for the recipe when the food is in the oven............but anyways. Why not get me the book asap. Before anything occurs?

Can I be penalized for being stupid? I honestly did not know this system. After I was awarded the judgement, I got a check, for the time I did certify at the Mich agency.
I waited thinking they would come automatically....well they did not so a month later I called the office and asked, that is when I was told I did not certify with MARVIN and could not recieve the benifits for the weeks I missed.

After I was instucted to do so, I did get 2 months of benifits. Now I am no longer eligable because it is a new fiscal year???? So all the fighting and stress was for what?

More importantly to me is.
The company I worked for told Unemployment
"I was found loietering and refused to go back to work and walked off the job"

First of all, if I refused to do anything, it would give them the right to kick me out. I would have expected to loose and claimed nothing.
It was the most far out lie I had heard in a long time. Where they got it I am still unsure.

Had I lied at any time to this Agency (unemployment) I would be in jail and fined. Yet this company can and did lie about me. Are they not accountable?

Can I sue the temp service in small claims on the grounds of slander, lost wages and for taking almost 2 months to get my final checks from them?

I was told by the man that I worked through at the temp service, he ran out of stamps, then they did not have my address..........or it was in the mail.......every week I worked there my address appeared on my check, except for when I returned from a sick leave (with a Doc's note)
then for 3 weeks in a row, I could not get a check. They had my name and address but the wrong SS# on them? So it took me months to finally get them. Then almost a year to get the benifits.

And I am so in debt. My mother passed and I did not try to claim them months or weeks when I cared for her............but I did not need all this extra stress at atime like that.
Had they just admitted they fired me (my state you do not need a reason to fire) I would have been able to collect. I had no car insurance, my plates expired, welfare is a great program, but I applied for the food only............

Can I win on appeal to get the weeks I incorrectly claimed? It takes 2 mins to call MARVIN, I called the unemployment agency and spent a hour on the phone with them, it was not that I would have not called had I known to do it the right way. All that crying and trying to explain my side was a waste? Now the agency tells me how I lost my job............the same way the company reported to them..........they talk to me as if I am useless. I get different answers to the same questions. I only claimed 171 a week. I am not trying to get rich off this sytem.

uslawbooks.com has a great book on empoyment law, check it out.

Sounds like they don't like you much there lol. Seems, you did do a couple of things wrong:

Anytime you have to contact people like this, sent a certified letter, return reciept.

You need witness's. Do you have any? I'm talking about this:
The company I worked for told Unemployment
"I was found loietering and refused to go back to work and walked off the job"
That might help you out.

You should, but I could be wrong, be able to request a fair hearing on the matter. Also, companies don't do affidavits, so you SHOULD. In most cases, an unrebutted affidavit stands as truth. You could draw up an affidavit, stating the facts of the situtation, and file it with the clerk and recorder.

Personally, I would call the state insurance commision, and lodge a complaint with them. If a company get a certain # of complaints, they can't get insured. Thats a nasty trick I've had to play befor.

What does the state code say? Look there first, see what you come up with, you may find your answer there. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Thank you

First of all thank you for your reply.
The proff I have is in my case file with the Unemployment Agency. Again, I have not the foggest idea where this originated from. It seems like they blindfolded themselves and threw a dart and this is the excuse they came up with.
When working on a line, one can not simply vanish and walk away. It would shut the line down.
As for the comment, that they do not like me.............I KNOW and that is what is hurtful, I did all the OT, went where they wanted me to, came to work with a good attitude, I would say I was an ideal worker.

These temp services seem to be like slave labor camps. They get 4.oo an hour, with you being there, they do nothing to earn that much, and it is nearly half of what I was making a hour.

I won the judgement therefore that is another piece of proof, that it was a lie. The company would not even give the Unemployment judge a correct phone number, when the conference call was placed, the number was invalid. The company had 30 days to appeal the judges decision, but less than a week later I got my first check.

I looked the company up in the BBB and nothing there. But the amount of workers they go through is remarkable.

Can I take a temp service company to small claims?

And can I win another protest with the Unemployment agency, if I fight the claim that I was to stupid to call and certify properly? I was sent forms to complete showing the weeks I wanted to be compensated for, but they make it sound like winning is slim to none. It is to easy to make the call, why would I NOT do it, had I known how to do so properly.

Had this mistake been a accidental (minor) car crash, I would not be prosecuted for it. It was a accident?

I will look into the insurance commision. These services go under many names. And according to the website they are a F 500 compnay??? I know what the F stands for, yet that type of language is forbidden in this forum.

woeisme:

Its my bedtime, I will do research tonight when I get to work, see what we can come up with. What state? I'm so tired everything is lookin the same, sorry.

Give me your state, and I will see If I can help you in anyway.

I know what the F stands for, yet that type of language is forbidden in this forum.

Really? I've seen it used more than once in here tonight, and N0W I'm being threatened with a banning!! (I wasn't the one using it, I just put "F" lol. )

Kind of you.

I happen to live in the state I think has the highest unemployment.........MICHIGAN. Things are real bad here, when the auto companies remove themselves from here it is like country music leaving Nashville to go to New York.

I so appreciate your time.

The f word..........hmmm, what can I not say? Better yet what can I say?
Sticks and stones? Sensorship is everywhere, some need to be protected from themselves, I say take it out back and settle your own scores. That is NOT a threat by the way..........

Has anybody ever said you were a kind person? I am sure the legal professionials are limited to remarks like that, unless you have the money and can buy a dream team, then the lawyers become "like family"

I did talk to a lawyer over the phone a while ago about all this mess, and he basically told me with the time I have in the work place is not worth it.
To me it sounded like, a baby that has only been on earth a few months, is less human than a senior citizen. :no:

I did not like that comment, and it may be true yet............why? I could have invented the best safety device had I been given the time to prove myself.

Titles..Words..People..........what does any of this mean.............I have no clue. I too am seeing double my remark appears twice...opps I must have hit the reply button, as if I was trying to beam up Scottie.

Hey your not going to work on a Saturday night are you? Do crimes never take a day off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back