1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Denied Medical Leave

Discussion in 'Employment, Labor, Work Issues' started by joey2509, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joey2509

joey2509 Law Topic Starter New Member

I work for NYC, I had been experiencing panic disorder. I have 14 years on the job. My leave was denied and what I heard from human resources is that it was denied because they say "it is treatable and the work place in not a stressful environment" Not sure what to do next.

2. Beth3

Beth3 New Member

1. Have you provided your employer with documentation from your doctor that states you are unable to work? It sounds as though you have requested leave based on your personal analysis that you should be off work, rather than bringing in medical documentation.

2. How many employees are employed where you work or within a 75 mile radius?

3. joey2509

joey2509 Law Topic Starter New Member

Of course I have profided medical documentaion. I work for the board of education and there are thousands of employees.

4. NYClex

NYClex New Member

99% of all city employees are in the union. Go and ask them about it. They usually come up with an answer.